Canada Experience Class Visa

Topics Covered Under Canadian Experience Class:

Are you one of the people who want to move to Canada but don’t know where to start? We are here to help you DIY style. Do it Your Own – Canada Immigration guide. Moving to Canada is a very simple and easy process with straightforward steps to follow to apply for a Canadian permanent resident visa.

Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is for skilled workers with Canadian work experience who want to settle in Canada as permanent residents. It is one of the three federal immigration programs that are managed by the Express Entry program, which is the fastest way to apply for a Canada PR Visa.

Why should you apply under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)?

There are three major benefits of applying for Canadian permanent residency through CEC:

  • You need at least one year of Canadian work experience to be eligible. This, in turn, helps you to increase your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score.
  • High application processing rate.
  • You don’t need to show proof of settlement funds.

What are the minimum requirements for CEC?

To apply for PR Visa through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), you have to meet the following minimum requirements:


You must meet the minimum language level of:

  • Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 for National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level 0 or type A;
  • CLB level 5 for NOC type B;

You need to make sure that your language test results are valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.


There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. 

Work Experience:

Must have a minimum of one year of work experience in Canada in the last 3 years in a skilled occupation. These occupations must be categorized under NOC Skill level 0 (Managerial jobs) OR type A (Professional jobs) or B (Technical jobs and skilled trades).

Work experience must be gained by working in Canada under temporary resident status with permission to work. 


You must be admissible to Canada.

Where can you live in Canada?

Also, you need to live outside Quebec. Quebec has an immigration program to nominate skilled workers for permanent residency.

Easy steps to apply for PR Visa With CEC Program

You can apply for a Canada PR visa with the CEC program by following:

Step 1 – Obtain your Canadian work permit: With a work permit, you will be authorized to work in Canada, which is a mandatory requirement for this program.

Step 2 – Get your Canadian work experience: You must have at least one year of work experience to be eligible for this program.

Step 3 – Meet the Minimum Eligibility Criteria: You must ensure that you meet all the minimum requirements for this program.

Step 4 – Create your Express Entry Profile: By filling in your credentials, you can now create your Express Entry profile and be submitted to the Express Entry pool.

Step 5 – Receive an ITA: If you can clear the last CRS score threshold, you will get an ITA in the last round of invites.

Step 6 – Submit your Canada PR Visa application: You will have 60 days to submit your application with all the appropriate documents such as medical and CCP etc.

Step 7 – The application is reviewed: IRCC will then assess your application and perform a background check on your profile.

Step 8 – Obtain your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR): Upon successful assessment of your RP visa application, you will obtain your COPR as a Permanent Resident of Canada.

What are the documents required for CEC?

You’ll require certain documents are different stages of your Canada PR Visa application process.
Here is the list of the documents you may require information from rather than uploading their copies:

  • A valid travel document;
  • Language test results;
  • Proof of Canadian education or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) (Not in case of CEC);
  • Provincial nomination (if applicable);
  • Written job offer from a Canadian employer (if applicable);
  • Proof of funds (Not in case of CEC); 

Now, when you get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for a PR visa, you need to submit a copy of the following documents:

  • Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
  • Medical exams
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage certificate (if applicable)

Leave a Comment